Sock bun trend –

16 May

I still don’t know how I feel about this sock bun trend.  On one hand I do kind of want to look like a ballerina but I just don’t know if the look works for everyone – i.e. me.

What do you think?  Do you like to rock the sock?

Image

Here are some tips on how to use one of the sock bun things that look like a dish scrubber:

Image

Or you can just make one out of an old pair of socks.  (hence the name)

Click for Video Here

7 Responses to “Sock bun trend –”

1. marijadebono May 16, 2013 at 6:07 pm #

Oh I love the sock bun! 🙂 haha Mine isnt a really sock, its a bun I got from New Look. I wore it here: http://allthingslady.wordpress.com/2013/05/10/what-i-wore-to-the-new-designers-fashion-show/ you can see it in the last photo and this is how I do it, not that it is hard to do, but I did have readers who told me it really helped them! http://allthingslady.wordpress.com/2013/03/19/easy-updo-with-a-donut/

You should love the trend too lol, it makes your life so much easier when you are tired and don’t feel like doing your hair or when your hair looks dirty!

Marija

• yourfairygodmother May 16, 2013 at 6:48 pm #

Cute! See i think you are doing it right and you don’t look like a little kid or a ballerina. I love your outfit – so cute!

• marijadebono May 16, 2013 at 10:44 pm #

thanks! i usually put it much lower, but since it was a fancier event, i tried this and i liked it better a bit higher!

• yourfairygodmother May 16, 2013 at 6:50 pm #

Loved your look!!! I think it could work for Kassi since her hair is long. I have short hair and look terrible in buns that stick away from my head. I may have a strange head shape.

• marijadebono May 16, 2013 at 10:43 pm #

hmm… i think it can work though. ever tied a low bun? very close to the neck?

• yourfairygodmother May 16, 2013 at 11:49 pm #

I have, but it looks strange. Maybe if I faked a bun, it would look cute.

1. messy bun + bangs | Your Fairy Godmother - June 1, 2013