I have tried every color depositing product on the market since the 1990’s. Some of the best and faves have been discontinued. WHY ARTec????
A few years ago, I decided to become an amateur chemist and start making my own. My bathroom has the battle stains to prove this.
I started off with using regular hair color, but then I discovered Pravana and my life changed.
Pravana is a deposit only color, so no developer is needed! It coats hair beautifully 🙂 This is a salon brand, so you will need to order it online or through your stylist. It is available on Amazon and Image Beauty.
You can customize this if you are coloring your hair something other than red.
Here is my magic recipe:
1) Empty shampoo or conditioner bottle
(I prefer to use a 11 oz bottle so that I don’t have a lot of it made)
2) Your favorite conditioner
(right now I am using DermOrganic shampoo and conditioner. They are sulfate free)
3) Pravana Vivids Red hair color
4)Tressa Extremers in Fushia
(only use this if my hair needs to look brighter)
Step 1) Mix it up! Using my 11 oz bottle, fill it with 2/3 conditioner and 1/3 Pravana. I get about 3 to 4 batches of color conditioner from each Pravana tube.
If I use Tressa, I give it a gentle squeeze. I don’t need pink hair at age 37.
Step 2) Use as your conditioner in the shower. You can leave it on for a while for more intense color. THIS STAINS. If you want to avoid staining your nails in particular, wear gloves.
Step 3) Enjoy your amazing hair
You’re welcome 😉
- In love with Pravana Intense Therapy Leave-In Treatment! (powderandpatchouli.com)
- More coconut conditioner I like-Pravana (beautybombed.wordpress.com)
- Do try this at home: how to colour your hair 50 shades of silver, green or violet (standard.co.uk)
- no ‘poo series part I: why no ‘poo (aka no shampoo)? (asoulfullyyours.wordpress.com)
- DIY: Lemon Hair Lightener (beaglestrudel.wordpress.com)
- Ombre Hair – Blonde to Ombre! (beautytimes101.wordpress.com)