October Empties 2 – I use a lot of stuff!

5 Nov

2013-11-02 17.41.02

Just so I can be like everyone else in the beauty blogging world, I’m going to do an Empties post monthly.  Here are the things I used up in October.

Picture1

I had to Google to check if Benefit even still makes Maybe Baby perfume…and they do!  It used to be one of my absolute favorites.  So light and floral.  I finally finished this bottle I’ve had for ages, and I’m thinking I want to repurchase.

Ponds – meh…Some people are crazy in love with this.  I couldn’t use it as a  cleanser, and yes I tried the hot wet towel trick.  I would sometimes use it as eye make up remover.  But I don’t think I will repurchase this for the third time. I still have one pot of it at my parents’ house that I use.

Clean and Clear Advantage Acne Spot is so good on the blackheads on my nose. It does dry me out after a few uses, so I won’t repurchase for the Winter.  We’ll see how my skin behaves come Spring.

Maybelline Mastershape was not a win for me.   The color was Auburn, but it was super light, and I couldn’t get it to blend with my black eye brows.

They’re Real by Benefit is one of my favorites right now.  I have a second trial size, and will probably buy a full size in time.

Picture2

Matrix Vavoom is amazing.  One of my favorite hairsprays.

Bio Silk smells so great, and I like both the shampoo and conditioner.  I frequently repurchase both.

Got2B 4ever Stylestay is great for updos or for spraying your hair while wearing it back.  It is a stiff hold.

Picture3

I’m finally retiring my Sephora Perfectionist Sponge. We reviewed a lot of sponges here and here.  This is still one of my favorites.

Bath and Body Words body lotion in Pink Chiffon.  It smells like flowers and candy to me.  I kept this in my purse, and B&BW makes such great lotions.  These always get repurchased.

So that’s it for October!

What were some of your favorites or non fave items?

9 Responses to “October Empties 2 – I use a lot of stuff!”

1. dragonfly November 5, 2013 at 11:21 am #

I should do an empties post soon. I haven’t tried that perfume but it sounds great. My favorite mascara so far is by Dior. I have a few samples of it.

• yourfairygodmother November 5, 2013 at 11:24 am #

DiorShow? That mascara is fantastic.

• dragonfly November 5, 2013 at 11:24 am #

yeah that one!

2. Nikita November 5, 2013 at 2:51 pm #

I love Ponds Dry Skin Moisturizer! I don’t get acne from wearing it, and it can be used as a cleanser, moisturizer, and makeup remover! I recommend!
    And I really like Tarte mascara.
    LMK

• yourfairygodmother November 5, 2013 at 4:00 pm #

oooh thanks! Is that something different from the cold cream?

• Nikita November 5, 2013 at 4:01 pm #

It’s just like a regular moisturizer, but it’s ah-mazingggg!

• yourfairygodmother November 5, 2013 at 4:05 pm #

I’ll check it out! Thanks!

3. danniellewells November 6, 2013 at 2:39 am #

I love They’re Real mascara! I don’t have one but I’ve tried a friends (Gross I know but I wanted to try it :P). My favourite this month is probably my L’oreal colour riche intense lipstick in Pink Passion or my One-by-One Maybelline Mascara 😀

• yourfairygodmother November 6, 2013 at 9:23 am #

Maybelline is SOOOO hit or miss for me! I want to love it more because it is so wallet friendly 🙂