Julep – why it continues to be annoying

13 Nov

After some thinking, I decided to cancel my Julep Maven Box.  I liked it for a long time and received some amazing products, but I’m tired of nail polish.  I now want a new beauty box that is focused more on beauty products only.

I’m actually considering this: http://vegancuts.com/

Anyway, I’m trying to cancel my Julep subscription.  I called their customer service line at 2:25 PM CST yesterday and had to leave a message because no one picks up their phones.  OK, message left.

I am now waiting for an email or a phone call from them to confirm my cancellation.  It is now day 2. TWO!!!! Of the cancellation “process”??

I really don’t feel like getting charged for another month since I really want a new subscription ASAP, so I emailed them to confirm my cancellation.

THIS IS WHAT I GOT BACK:

“Thank you for your email! Your request has been received and is being reviewed by our Julep Customer Service Team. Please allow 5 to 7 business days for our Julep Customer Service Team to reply to your email.”

Is this company on Mars????  Do they only staff 1 person?  What is the deal Julep?  You are definitely not providing incentives to come back in the future.   Why do you make this so complicated?

And yes, I’m sure we will be slammed by a the Julep Maven loyal followers, and ok we can take it.

Regardless of how you feel about their products, you can’t really deny that the cancellation process is a pain.  I mean, COME ON.

Leave a voice mail and then wait???  How long???

5-7 business days to answer an email customer service request?  This makes it seem like Julep is trying to sway customers away from voicing concerns or leaving.  That’s not super cool.

Just saying.

14 Responses to “Julep – why it continues to be annoying”

1. Julie (skinnyjeansandchaneldreams) November 13, 2013 at 9:49 am #

This makes me dread the cancellation process but I also think this is incentive for me to actually do it, simply because who knows how long it might take. Thanks for sharing!

2. yourfairygodmother November 13, 2013 at 9:53 am #

Such a shame because everything else with them is rather smooth. I had some problems receiving shipment emails in the past, but I overlooked that.

Why are you thinking of cancelling?
    ~A

• Julie (skinnyjeansandchaneldreams) November 13, 2013 at 12:22 pm #

I find myself skipping most months just because I feel like $20 is a lot to spend on nail polish that I don’t really use that much! I actually just called them and was on hold for about 10 minutes but finally was able to reach someone and cancel. I hope you have some luck and hear back from them soon!

• Sally November 20, 2013 at 2:50 pm #

how long did it take for you to receive a confirmation email?

• yourfairygodmother November 20, 2013 at 4:39 pm #

Wow, I just looked at my phone log, and I guess it was a week. I called them on the 12th. For some reason, I originally thought I called them on the 14th. I got the email on the 19th.

I’ll revise my update blog.

3. dragonfly November 13, 2013 at 11:23 am #

that is bad. I actually cancelled them with no issue though. I resigned up but might cancel again. it sounds like their customer service has gone downhill since the time I contacted them. I hope you are able to cancel it like you want.

4. Miranda November 14, 2013 at 1:15 am #

5-7 days is ridiculous for customer service. I understand that the technology age has made everyone need to be replied to or acknowledged sooner, and I always respond to company emails ASAIGI, meaning AS SOON AS I GET IT!

• yourfairygodmother November 14, 2013 at 8:54 am #

Agreed! In my company we have a 24 hour MAXIMUM on replying to an email. 5-7 days???? Only if we are communicating by pony express.
      ~A

5. LoveAnela November 14, 2013 at 9:26 am #

That is horrible customer service. I only got last months box because I had credit points but I always skip because $20 is a lot as much as I do like their polish. I have reminders set up in my phone to skip each month and JustFab. JustFab didn’t really let me cancel so I keep skipping, think I’ll call today and try though. They hire aggressive reps!

• yourfairygodmother November 14, 2013 at 9:42 am #

Holy cow! I won’t be getting a Just Fab box ever!

I still haven’t been able to cancel my account, btw.
      ~A

• LoveAnela November 14, 2013 at 9:43 am #

Ya lol I don’t recommend it. It’s extremely difficult to cancel I’ve tried twice. Today will be number three!

• yourfairygodmother November 14, 2013 at 10:20 am #