Dupe – Urban Decay vs NYX Setting Spray

9 Jan

Makeup Setting Spray is a must have for anyone who wears makeup!  Seriously.  Rubbing your face off is dumb, stop doing it.  We are here to help you do it for cheap!

Image

We made a post a while back comparing Urban Decay’s setting spray vs E.L.F.  You can read it HERE.

Image

Let me summarize it for you – the E.L.F one works about the same and is $3. The problem with the E.L.F. is it smells like feet for the first minute of having it on your face.  Kinda gross, right?  That is what drove me to trying the NYX spray.

The NYX Setting spray comes in two varieties – Matte and Dewy.  I opted for the Matte as that is finish I most prefer, although I have heard that the dewy one is actually better for dry, Winter skin.

Image

It retails for $7.99, so it’s a bit more expensive than the E.L.F.

The Urban Decay setting spray is $29 – that is a savings of over $20.  SCORE!

The NYX doesn’t smell funky to me, didn’t break me out, makes my face powder look lovely and holds my makeup in place.  Really, it works the same as the Urban Decay – maybe it has a tiny bit less staying power but it’s not worth pay $20 extra IMO.

13 Responses to “Dupe – Urban Decay vs NYX Setting Spray”

1. natziwang January 9, 2014 at 10:58 am #

Noted, I’ll check it out! Thank you!

2. llewsoba January 9, 2014 at 11:04 am #

NYX is pretty great, i will be trying this setting spray!

3. Amria January 9, 2014 at 2:33 pm #

Yaaayy, something cheaper that works!

4. muireann04 January 9, 2014 at 7:46 pm #

I will be giving this a try, how do you compare translucent powder with setting spray?

5. The Fashion Huntress January 9, 2014 at 8:04 pm #

Huh! I had no idea! I’m intrigued!!

6. Miche (@JustLikeMiche) January 9, 2014 at 10:06 pm #

Ah, I will totally have to try the NYX out, I’m a HUGE fan of ELF, I use a lot of their products but totally agree about the spray smelling weird. On a personal/paranoia level, I also felt like it broke my skin out a little
    Miche from Buttons and Birdcages

7. beautystalkers January 16, 2014 at 7:58 am #

Good to know! Will try the NYX

8. Ellejaeque August 19, 2014 at 10:57 am #

I have tried the elf setting spray and I have to say, it made my makeup WORSE due to already having oil-probe skin and this seemed to intensify it. The Urban Decay de-slick setting spray works like a miracle, though! I still need to give the NYX a try, cuz money saving.

• yourfairygodmother September 4, 2014 at 11:06 am #

I have really dry skin, so that is probably why it works for me. The NYX one in Matte wasn’t a huge win for me, I think i need to try the Dewy.

9. swjw95 November 19, 2014 at 5:00 pm #

Where can I find this (retail) and buy it?

1. Review – theBalm® cosmetics Stainiac | Your Fairy Godmother - October 17, 2014

[…] don’t think I’ve been able to make it through a work day with this.  Even when I use a makeup spray, it doesn’t seem to stay on my […]

2. Currently testing Supergoop! Setting Mist With Rosemary | Your Fairy Godmother - May 21, 2016

[…] I really wanted to test out.  I love the idea of a setting spray (we have reviewed Urban Decay, Nyx, ELF, Ben […]