Hair Tools – Getting curls while you sleep

7 Nov

On a whim, I feel in love with the vintage idea of setting your hair overnight to achieve a style.  I started looking into options for rollers I can sleep in.  And still manage to actually get a good night’s rest.

I spotted these and picked them up:

These are Diane By Fromm and I picked them up on Amazon for $12.00 USD

For that price you receive a whopping 42 spongy rods in various sizes.

That’s a great deal!!!

Last night, I did this:

img_0230

I know, you are super into my cat patterned nightgown.

And this morning, I look like this:

img_0231

I should have worn make-up HAHA

What I did:

I curled my hair wet.  There was a large piece in the front that didn’t dry all the way when I removed the rods.  As you can see the other side is very curly.

Was it comfortable to sleep in?

Yes, I hardly felt them on my head.  I was careful to place them so they wouldn’t be pressing into my ear or sides of my face.

Are the rods easy to install?

Yes, you roll the end of your hair first and then roll the hair on top of it.  The rods are long so if you have long hair, you can achieve more of a spiral curl.

Today or tomorrow I’m going to redo it on dry hair.

Do you guys use rollers?  Have you ever?

Thanks for reading!

9 Responses to “Hair Tools – Getting curls while you sleep”

1. theutopiauniverse November 7, 2016 at 1:53 pm #

These are great, they are comfy and give you a very curly look, I have natural curls, but these control it better ! I love them

2. Azra November 7, 2016 at 4:04 pm #

This is very easy way to do hair. Perfect for lazy people like me. 🙂

• yourfairygodmother November 7, 2016 at 4:24 pm #

It is really easy! It probably took my 13 minutes to roll it up.

3. Amy November 7, 2016 at 7:57 pm #

I have to look into getting some rollers now 🙂 Great review!

• yourfairygodmother November 7, 2016 at 8:28 pm #

Thanks!!! Much simpler than messing with a curling iron in the morning.

4. Claire Talks Beauty November 8, 2016 at 7:43 pm #

i used these once and i really love them 🙂

5. nogynyan November 9, 2016 at 10:17 am #

It creates a very nice effect on you!! 🙂